To help assess your team’s performance, answer the following eleven questions:
- Does it consistently exceed budget targets?
- Does it consistently grow the business faster than the market and competition?
- Do the team members trust each other?
- Does it tap into the skills and opinions of all members?
- Does it avoid wasting time and energy on politics and destructive conflict?
- Do its members consistently honor their commitments, even if they initially disagree?
- Do its members provide direct feedback to each other when their behaviors or performance require correction?
- Are team members intellectually aligned and committed behind the key corporate priorities, instead of their personal results?
- Does it lead cultural change in the organization, repeatedly communicating the key corporate priorities with actions, behaviors, and words?
- Do its people, policies, programs, and activities clearly reflect the desired corporate culture
- Most important, does the team represent a competitive advantage for your company?
If you answered negatively to one or more of these questions, especially the last one, consider applying the “Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team” methodology, explained in this short 2-minute video by Patrick Lencioni, author of the bestselling book The Five Dysfunctions of a Team. Let me know if you would like to schedule a free consultation call to discuss how I, as an authorized partner of this methodology, could help your team operate at High-Performance levels. Percy M. Cannon www.cannon.consulting